A new point-of-sale initiative wants to thank Australians who purchase dairy products in support of local dairy farming families.
The initiative, launched by Pauls, marks almost 90 years of the company in Australia.
The point-of-sale promotion reveals the number of dairy farming families that Aussies support when they purchase a Pauls product by state, along with the number of litres supplied and a map which shows the regions where the farms are located.
Justin Walsh, a fourth-generation dairy farmer from Jaspers Bush in NSW, said it was rare they get a chance to thank those that consume the milk they produce.
“My family is proud to produce a product that is enjoyed daily by many Australians,” he said.
“Over the past few months, we’ve received lots of support and thanks from the community, but it’s not every day that farmers have the opportunity to thank the families who buy our products.”
The milk also contributes to other brands within the Pauls family, including Harvey Fresh (Western Australia), IceBreak, OAK, Breaka (Queensland) and Vaalia.
Pauls marketing director Angela Burr said the idea was to thank the Australian families, both farming and dairy lovers alike, who make it possible for people to enjoy their favourite milk and yoghurt products, year-round.
“With almost 90 years of dairy history in Australia, Pauls has proudly supported hundreds of farming families over the years, some of whom have been our partners for three or more generations,” Ms Burr said.
"We’re proud to be able to support our dairy farming families for many years to come.”
Pauls dairy farming by state:
● Queensland: 119 dairy farming families supply 131 million litres of milk each year to make products from Pauls, IceBreak, OAK, Breaka and Vaalia.
● NSW: 70 dairy farming families supply 147 million litres of milk each year to make products from Pauls, IceBreak, OAK and Vaalia.
● Western Australia: 52 dairy farming families supply 139 million litres of milk each year to make Harvey Fresh products. Harvey Fresh has been supporting WA farmers for almost 30 years.
● South Australia: 18 dairy farming families supply 65 million litres of milk each year to make products from Pauls, IceBreak, and OAK.
● Victoria: 182 dairy farming families supply 408 million litres of milk each year to make products from Pauls, IceBreak, OAK and Vaalia.
For more information, visit: www.pauls.com.au